Exploring Enterprise³ Programme (EE³P)
This project is part funded through the Northern Ireland European Social Fund 2014-2020 Investment for Jobs and Growth Programme
Exploring Enterprise³ Programme provides an insight into starting a business whilst allowing participants to work towards achieving a CCEA Level 1 Qualification in Understanding Business Enterprise.
Participants do not need to have a specific business idea to join. One to one mentoring with one of our experienced business advisors is also provided, tailored to meet individual participant needs. Examples of activities which can be offered via one to one mentoring are as follows:
• Job searching/assisting in writing of job applications
• Interview skills
• CV design/or development
• Premise searching
• Introduction to HMRC
• Development of business plans
• Searching for further education courses and/or other relevant training
This programme is FREE of charge.
To be eligible for this programme you must be:
➢ Aged 16 or over;
➢ Unemployed/ inactive or working/ studying less than 16 hours per week; and
➢ Not participating in any other govenment funded programme
This programme is an Enterprise Northern Ireland initiative and is partly financed by the European Social Fund (ESF), Department for the Economy and Mid and East Antrim Borough Council.
**All courses now complete.
Loan Funding facilitated through Enterprise Northern Ireland
Enterprise Northern Ireland has two core offerings when it comes to Loan Funding. The loan funds available through Enterprise Northern Ireland provide an important financial lifeline to small business.
1. START UP LOANS
Start-up loans through ENI
• Loans of up to £10,000 repayable between 1 and 5 years
• Interest rates are fixed at 6% (6.2% APR);
• No arrangement fees or early settlement penalties;
• Up to a maximum of 15 hours mentoring support in the 12 month period following disbursement of the loan;
• Access to a range of exclusive offers from Corporate Partners such as Regus, EBay, PayPal and others;
The ENI Loan Fund provides business loans to individuals starting out or already running their own business.
For further Information please click here: ENI Loans
2. NI SMALL BUSINESS LOAN FUND
The Northern Ireland Small Business Loan Fund (www.nisblf.com) is part of Invest NI's Access to Finance Strategy.
• The fund provides unsecured loans to social enterprises and SMEs in the micro enterprise sector in the start-up and growth phases.
• The fund helps to bridge gaps where other funding options have been exhausted. Loans to recipients are in the £1k - £50k range.
• ENI works alongside Ulster Community Investment Trust (UCIT) as fund managers. During 2013 loans to the value of £0.5m were processed for 21 businesses.
For further Information please click here: NI small business loan fund
Larne Business Innovation and Incubation Programme (LBIIP)
The Larne Business Innovation and Incubation Programme, supported by the former Larne Borough Council, involves an application process to select innovative companies with an appetite for growth who wish to locate their premises within the innovation suite at Willowbank Business Park. Successful applicants will access bespoke support such as:
➢ Business & marketing plans, HR plans and corporate governance plans
➢ Sign posting/referral to other sources of support/networking opportunities
➢ Package of subsidised training to include ; management & leadership training/project management training/ICT training
➢ Access to finance support
➢ Assistance with recruitment
➢ PR and marketing support programme including social media
➢ Subsidised rental ramp up within the Innovation Suite units
To download the application form click the following link:
Co-Innovate, a new programme supported by the European Union’s INTERREG VA Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body, will help you harness ideas to:
Check out http://www.co-innovateprogramme.eu/ for more information
This support includes:
A free business advisory session with an experienced advisor to help you assess the viability of your business idea. This will normally last for one hour and will examine issues such as eligibility for the programme, what is involved in self-employment, your business idea and the market for it, competition, the finance needed to start your business and potential sources of funding, the export potential of your business idea, relevant legal issues, pricing and costing. All clients will have the opportunity to register free on nibusinessinfo.
Informative and innovative workshops on business related topics including market research, finances, and business planning, and delivered in an informal and relaxed environment. These workshops will normally last for 2 hours.
Financial and business planning involving at least 4.5 hours of support leading to an electronic business plan to help you assess the viability of your business including 2 years financial projections , an analysis of your competition, a summary of research information relevant to your business, your sales strategy, sources of funding, and people and management issues.
Kickstart is a FREE programme supported by Mid and East Antrim Borough Council and delivered by your Local Enterprise Agency in Larne, Ballymena and Carrickfergus.
Have you been in business for less than 1 year or are you about to launch a new business in the Mid and East Antrim Council area? If YES......Kickstart is for You!
Successful participants will participate in....
• Business Baseline Audit
• 1:1 Business Mentoring and Advice
• Interactive Workshops and Networking
• Future Planning and Goal Setting
Kickstart Benefits include....
• Helping you set your business up within the first 12 months
• Opportunity to share knowledge and learn from others
• Network with like minded entrepreneurs
• Expert advice and guidance by specialist mentors
For more information contact your local Kickstart Coordinator...
David Gillespie, Larne Kickstart Coordinator
Telephone: 028 28 269973 ext. 220
Fresh Frontiers Youth Exchange Programme is a cross community youth development project for 16-24 year olds from the Mid and East Antrim Council area.
• PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
• ONE TO ONE MENTORING
• COMMUNITY PROJECT
• VOLUNTARY WORK PLACEMENT
• CROSS BORDER VISIT
Eligibility: you must be aged 16 – 24 years
For more information contact LEDCOM tel: 028 2826 9973
Women Interacting, Sharing and Engaging
September 2018 – March 2020
FREE personal development and leadership programme to help you develop the skills and confidence you need to play an active role in your community and become a civic leader of the future. There will be three groups of women from the Larne, Carrickfergus and Ballymena areas.
• Personal development workshops (with modules such as Women & Leadership, Women of Power and Create the New Vision)
• Networking and educational visits (including overnight stay in Dublin)
• Mentoring (tailored individual support)
• Recognised award in Team Leading (optional qualification)
Eligibility: We are looking for individuals with a desire to make a difference in their local community. You must be female, aged 18+ and live within the Mid and East Antrim Borough Council area.
For more information and to register your attendance at an awareness/drop in event near you, please contact Anne, Caeris or Audrey on T. 028 2826 9973 or E. email@example.com
A project supported by the European Union’s PEACE IV Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB) to contribute to the building of good relations in the Mid and East Antrim area.
Local Economic Development Company