We can help catapult your business
Social Enterprise Support
LEDCOM is one of Northern Ireland’s leading enterprise agencies and has helped over 2,000 people develop their business ideas and plans.
LEDCOM offers bespoke mentoring, guidance and advice to help your business succeed.
Interested in starting a business?
Interested in growing your business?
Avail of our expert advice and guidance to help you develop and sustain your business idea.
Contact June Scullion, Projects Support Officer on 028 2827 0742 ext. 328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a FREE confidential meeting with one of our expert business advisors to discuss your plans for business.
Discuss your business support needs FREE of charge with one of our experienced business advisors.
Connect with us via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and join our mailing list to be kept informed of upcoming business seminars.
Social enterprise development
As one of NI leading social enterprises LEDCOM is seen as being one of the NI leading sources of expertise in this field. Audrey Murray heads up this area of work for LEDCOM. She has worked in the field of social enterprise, social finance and local economic development in the UK and Ireland for over 20 years
She was one of the founding Directors and Chair of the Social Economy Network N I; she has served as a board member of Social Enterprise Coalition in London and currently is a board member of Ulster Community Investment Trust, Blythswood Care Ireland and NICVA.
LEDCOM has actively helped start up and develop over 250 social enterprises in Northern Ireland. From 2006 LEDCOM has acted as Northern Ireland Manager of the Invest NI Social Entrepreneurship Programme.
What LEDCOM can offer
The knowledge and experience gained within this field, has given LEDCOM the ability to design, and develop bespoke programme and solutions to the needs of social enterprises with includes all key areas of development including: idea development, business planning, feasibility studies, governance development, financial management, sourcing financial resources, HR, market research, exporting, social auditing and social return on investment, social impact measurement, marketing and PR, environmental, tendering, engagement with stakeholders, costing, pricing, strategy development and management and leadership.
LEDCOM achievements and customers
LEDCOM has advised on government policy and support for the social economy sector including development of bespoke initiatives. This has included: working with OFMDFM, DETI, DFP, DSD, Public Health Authority, Invest NI, Health Trusts, DARD, and local councils across Northern Ireland.
LEDCOM achievements in this field have been
• Management and delivery of the Invest NI Social Entrepreneurship Programme and the Community Business Start-Up programme, on behalf of Invest Northern Ireland
• Pre-Community Business Programme within Antrim, Ballymena and Carrickfergus in conjunction with the local councils and 123 Community Development Larne
• Jointly developed the Professional Certificate/Diploma In Management/ Upskilling the Social Economy sector with the Open University
• Management and delivery of Community Business Enquiry Development Programme.
• LEDCOM helped and were the catalyst for the setup of the first social firm in NI
• Delivery of UCIT Networks programme for growth for social enterprises
• LEDCOM were the catalyst for the Northern Ireland social enterprise awards and the linkages to the UK awards, where NI took the top prizes in 2011.
• LEDCOM provided help and support to 23 social enterprises in exporting thus enabling them to become Invest NI growth clients
Not only has LEDCOM supported and developed other social enterprises it has also developed its own successful social enterprises including Chain HR and Heritage Experience . LEDCOM is currently still developing new ideas.
We would love to hear from you!
If you have any suggestions on any aspect of LEDCOM.org we would love to hear from you.
Please feel free to use the suggestion box below
Local Economic Development Company